Vital Statistics of Area
Extremes recorded at weather station in Spooner: 110 degrees (on July 11, 1936) and -46 degrees (on Feb. 19, 1895).
- Coldest month: January averages 12 degrees F.
- Warmest month: July, averages 69 degrees F.
- Average last frost date: May 24.
- Average first frost: Sept. 20.
- Lakes tend to be ice-covered from late November through mid-April.
- Average wind speed: 11 mph in winter, 9 mph during summer.
- Sunshine: July through September, sun shines two-thirds of the possible time; November and December average the least amount of sunshine, with sunshine 40 percent of the possible time.